Friday, January 8, 2010

Weekend Pep Talk

Hey man, we need to talk. Yes, I know by talking to you, I'm actually just talking to myself. We should probably go see someone about that. It's not exactly a healthy thing. But before you go see some quack about getting some happy pills, let's talk about this weekend. You know what we need to do. You've been putting it off for some time now. Sure, you had good excuses. The holidays were here, family was in town, friends were here to visit. Those are valid reasons, but at the heart of it, you were still making excuses. Now, though? It's time. We need to play some Dragon Age.

Hey! Hold up a second, OK? I hear what you're saying! Yes, you've already played some of Dragon Age. It's been pretty awesome, in fact. You've got your character made, you went through your origin story and saw your family that was modeled by your own character's appearance. That was cool. And that sequence was pretty brutal as well. Then there was that battle in the tower. That got pretty intense. Good thing you had a warhound by your side. But now that you're in the first real town and getting quests, and the world has opened up, I can tell that you're balking at going forward. It is kinda intimidating, I know. Choices aren't easy, and this game offers a ton of them. Plus, the completionist side of you and the side that wants to appease your party members are kind of at odds too, since completing some of these side quests is bound to peeve at least one of them off. But this is a game that deserves to see some of your time.

Look, I know you've got errands to run and things to do. Decorations need to come down, and your car is filthy. Wash that thing, will you? Also, a haircut wouldn't kill you. But you've got to be able to fit Dragon Age somewhere in there. It's a great game. It probably could have snagged a spot on your top five list last month if you had bothered to play more of it. You and I both know that it's go time. So get out there and show those Darkspawn what you're made of! Although my stomach is growling pretty bad. I should go eat something. Also, I've got a lot of Dexter to catch up on...

No comments:

Post a Comment