Tuesday, January 19, 2010

To Boldy Go...




The Green Skinned Chronicles (aka. my time in the Star Trek Online Beta)

(WARNING: MASSIVELY NERDY ROLE PLAYING TO FOLLOW)

Captain's Log: Stardate 20100119

The Captain is dead.  The First Officer is dead.  Heck, even the janitor who cleans the latrines on deck 17 is dead.  Or at least I assume he is (poor Roger).  Cause when they tell an Ensign that she is now the highest ranking officer on board the ship, that must mean that most of the crew has met their end.  I am Alia Neajea, and I am now the acting Captain of the USS Avalon.  God save us all.

The Borg came back.  I don't know why, but they came back and they attacked our fleet.  I was ordered over to the Khittimer to help them beat back a Borg boarding party.  While I was there, the Borg decided to go have another party over on the Avalon.  The kind of party where you kill or assimilate everyone on board.  When I got back, I was told that I was now Captain and we needed to go get back in the fight.  Lucky me.

Well, somehow we got our weapons and shields repaired, at least enough to get back in action and take out a few damaged probes.  Then one of the cubes showed up.  Thank God it was already damaged as well.  If it had been at full strength we would have all been dead.  Instead, we joined an assault team and blew them back to the scrapyard.

The Avalon was then ordered back to Earth.  I obeyed, expecting to be sent back to drydock for a while until the new captain arrived.  Imagine my surprise when the Admiral informed me that I was now the captain of the Avalon.  I guess with the war against the Klingons, and now open conflict with the Borg, Starfleet has a shortage of commanding officers.  Of course, he didn't make me a Captain.  He made me a Lieutenant.  But I'm in charge now, regardless.  I never asked to command.  I suppose most people join Starfleet in dreams of sitting in the big chair of their own starship, envisioning themselves as the next James T. Kirk.  Me, though?  I just wanted to see the stars. Well, now I'm in command, so it's time to show everyone, especially myself, what I'm made of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment